Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Project

Woohoo!  I started to play with the Cameo yesterday and finished my first project today!  I really like the finished product, and have already hung it in Lilly's room.

Here's a breakdown of the project, complete with pictures:

I started out with some frames I already had, but didn't like the color/finish for a baby's room.  So, I painted them white.  The name of the paint was Eagle's Wing, which I thought was cool.



After the first coat of paint, it looked like this, which looked a bit shabby chic, but that wasn't the look I was after.

Here's what they looked like after the 2nd coat.  Much better I think:


I forgot to take a picture of the other fabric I was using inside the frame before I cut the letters out on the Cameo, although you can see it under the mat. 


It was so exciting and the Cameo produced them pretty quickly.  Below is a picture of what the first frame looked like before I glued everything down and added ribbon...


...And here's the final product as it hangs on the wall.  I love it.





3 comments: